- Objective of the Course
- To contribute to achieving the national objective of the “prosperity for All”
- To meet the college objectives of offering relevant and practical training to our stakeholders.
- To nurture and grow SACCOs and Microfinance’s to run efficiently and sustainably for the benefit of the members and the nation.
- To meet existing demand for practical professionals not able to address current SACCOS and Microfinance’s constraints
- Target group
This course has been designed for:
- Persons in employment in the Co-operative sector SACCOs and related industry.
- Micro-Finance practioners
- NGOs Executive and staff
- Government regulators and economists
- Staff of Savings and Lending Institutions, bankers, Insurance Companies etc.
- International and Donor Personnel
- All those with an interest in learning more about practical sustainable Microfinance
- Secondary school leavers to start a career in business and management.
- Certificate in SACCO and Micro-finance Management
Duration: One Year
- O level with Five credits at least one in mathematics and English
- One (1) principal pass at “A” level.
- Fundamentals of SACCO and Microfinance
- Savings and credit methodologies for SACCOs and Microfinance Institutions
- Economics of Microfinance
- Financial Accounting for SACCOs and MFIs
- MIS for SACCOs and MFIs
- Microfinance and SACCOs regulatory and supervisory Framework.